Observations from the Powder Room

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Mama Drama

So I know in the grand scheme of things this is a very small matter but it is causing me quite a bit of trauma.

The boys will be celebrating their 4th birthday in a little over a month and I thought this would be a good year to have our first birthday party with folks outside of our family, like the kids in their preschool. They attended the birthday party of a classmate in May and both Dylan and Sam have been talking about their birthday party.

Anyway, a colleague at work had a party for her son at a fire station and I thought that sounded like a great idea. In VA the Falls Church Volunteer Fire Department (FCVFD) has a great set up. In their party room they provide each child with a fire helmet and sticker badge, give a tour on the fire station and a fire engine and do a safety demonstration – dream come true huh! All I had to do was send out invitations, get plates, the cakes and party favors and ta da!!

Anyway, I filled out all the paperwork and sent a check to the FCVFD and have left several messages and sent several e-mails, but I hadn’t heard back from anyone. Last night I went back to the site and found out that someone else was confirmed for the day that we had requested. I quickly sent an e-mail to see if the firehouse might be available the day before. So if anyone has an inside track at the Falls Church Volunteer Fire Department (FCVFD) I will personally deliver several slices of birthday cake to you.

If the fire station doesn’t work out I’m taking suggestions.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Kumie said…

    Rent out a jail cell and have it there. Or you could always go the traditional route and do Chuck E. Cheese's.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home