Observations from the Powder Room

Monday, June 26, 2006

Treading Water

I should start by saying our house is dry. Our pumps are working and the basement is doing fine. We did have a momentary scare when the power went out for a few seconds. Mark had checked the basement and said the water was rising in the drains with our sump pumps and with the intensity of the rain we would have been in bad shape if the electric pumps couldn’t pump.

Right now I’m at home because I couldn’t get to the office. We have had so much rain that several sections of the Capitol Beltway have either flooded or been covered with mud. There was a mudslide closing the Beltway at Telegraph Ave. We didn’t even make it to the Metro station because of the traffic. The other problem is Metro. Five stations are closed due to flooding and of course they are the stations I use to get to work.

I am going to make another attempt soon and I will likely have to go to one station and then walk to work.

Oh, did I mention it’s supposed to rain all week. Fun times!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home