Observations from the Powder Room

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Mother's Guilt

Well, Dylan and Sam missed school yesterday and tomorrow is iffy too, especially for Dylan who as of last night was running a 103.5 fever. Sam actually seems to be feeling OK but he is coughing and wheezing a lot. Dylan on the other hand does not feel good and actually told my Mom that he thought he needed to the doctor. Last night he had a hard time sleeping and around 10:30 came to me, asked for some cold water and said he needed to cuddle. It was so cute!!! Although we are pretty strict about the boys sleeping in their own beds, all bets are off when you have a sickie.

Mom, Dad and Blanca too the boys to the doctor yesterday and they're back on nebulizing treatments (3 times a day for a week). The doctor also said that they should not go outside on orange or higher days and that could be half the summer. Needless to say I'm worried about trying to keep two really active little boys in the house for a good chunk of the summer. Once they feel better they will not understand why they're not allowed to ride their bikes and play outside. Obviously I want to keep them healthy and will do anything necessary but I don't want them stuck inside watching TV all the time (that's not healthy either). Anyway I made an appointment to the pulmonologist that treated Dylan the first year. I really liked him. He's a realist, explains the options and listens to the parents.

I'm up early to bike and looking forward to my last day of work this week. Nothing like a two day work week!! Mark and I are heading to Key West tomorrow for Mike and Gina's wedding and I am excited about getting away but feeling guilty about leaving the kids. I know they are in good hands with my folks (two doctors should be able to handle the kids) but it does feel a bit wrong to leave when Dylan is feeling so awful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home