Observations from the Powder Room

Friday, May 19, 2006

Typos

My first week as a blogger has been kind of lame but I just haven't had much time this week to write. And when I was chatting with my Dad earlier tonight he pointed out the typo in the title of my blog. It’s been corrected it and you all should feel free to let me know when I make an embarrassing typo!! I warned you about early morning posting.

Anyway, I will try to be more consistent with my posts.

So I had a pretty rough week. On Monday we found out that a dear colleague and friend died suddenly of a heart attack on Sunday and it threw us all into a tailspin. I had known John Luehrs since he first came to AARP in the early 90’s. As I wrote in his tribute book at work, John guided us in our health advocacy efforts, inspired us with his spirit and dedication, and helped us through challenging situations with his intellect and humor. There was a very touching memorial service at work on Wednesday and his funeral was yesterday. I’m just heartbroken for his family. It’s rough on his friends and I can’t imagine what his family is going through. There were a lot of tears this week and we raised a few drinks in his honor. John was just a great guy and he will be missed.

On a much lighter note, today was a big day for me. As many of you know I have been growing out my hair for 9 months preparing to donate it to Locks of Love (http://www.locksoflove.org/ ) and today was the big day. I chopped off over 10 inches of hair. I took before and after shots and when Mark gets home I’ll have him show me how to post them. Anyway it’s a big change.

OK, I have to get back to the boys. More later.

Gina – the shoes arrived today. You’ll have to tell me what you think.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger Kumie said…

    I've been wanting to tell you about that typo, but I was afraid you might hit me again. I'm very much afraid of you.

     
  • At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have to say (yet again) LOVE the hair!! Nice choice, but then again, people would say I am a wee bit biased :) Did somebody say shoes...? I think I have a problem.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home