Observations from the Powder Room

Saturday, May 13, 2006

My first day as a blogger

I'm a devotee of the blogs of several friends (Kumie and Gina) and truly addicted to my husband's blog so as a approach my 40th birthday (Sunday) I decided it was time for me to start a blog of my own.

I'm really not sure what I'll write here but I thought I would give it a go. My life is pretty much about family (I have a great one and married into a great one) so I'm sure that will be my main focus.

I have to learn how to add pictures but Mark (my husband said he would show me).

I'm a pretty early riser so I think a lot of my posts will be early morning and I make no promises about spelling or grammar before 10 am.

Anyway I want to thank everyone (you know who you are) for this week and for making me feel really loved and special as I lead up to my b-day.

I feel pretty good about turning forty, I have a wonderful husband, amazing kids, my family is here (Mom, Dad, and big brother), and the rest of my family and friend are the best in the world. I pretty much think it will just keep getting better. Don't worry, I'm not naive, I know there will be ups and downs but the alternative to aging is not a good option.

Anyway, everyone is still sleeping so I have some time to myself. I got up at 4:30 to ride my bike, took a shower and went back to bed for a bit. Dylan was in bed with Mark and did not leave much room for me but I love cuddling so I really didn't mind. Sam can in around 6:45 and wanted me to take him down to grandma and grandpa who are staying in our basement guestroom. Dylan just came down (7:34) and is now hanging out with me.

Mom and I are getting manicures and pedicures at 10 am and then Mark and I will head to the Kennedy Center to see a ballet. In the evening we are going out to dinner, I don't know where but I am thrilled because I didn't have to plan a thing.

It's going to be a good day!


2 Comments:

  • At 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, I am so glad you decided to blog :) Pictures are easy, trust me!!! I hope you have a great time at the ballet and dinner. And yes, family is amazing...

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Kumie said…

    F'in right.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home