Observations from the Powder Room

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Return of the Slacker Blogger

So I have just been scolded for my failure to post on my blog for the last nine days. I intend to post each day and then something seems to get in the way, like kids or work, but enough with the excuses.

So what’s happened in the past nine days? A LOT.

As you probably know from reading Mark and Kumie’s blogs, we all had a great time in Key West.

I loved our little B&B, the Tropical Inn ( perfect location and charming rooms) it’s just what the doctor ordered. Of course I woke up before most folks (Kumie doesn’t count b/c she doesn’t sleep) so I really enjoyed sitting on our balcony and reading. Since having kids I just don’t seem to find the time to read books. In Key West I finished one book (Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress) and started another about the great influenza epidemic in 1918.

I also love walking everywhere. We went to the beach at the state park twice and then just walked all over for shopping, meals and fun.

Although I really missed the boys and felt guilty about leaving them when they were sick, I needed the time away and Mom and Dad were amazing with the boys!!

Oh, and last but not least, the wedding was wonderful!! Gina and Mike were so happy and it was fun to celebrate with all our friends. Everyone came sans kids and it was kind of like old times. Of course many conversations focused on our families but it was good to have some grown up time.

Now on to the boys, this was the last week of school and there were a lot of fun activities planned. On Monday night, Dylan’s teacher called to let us know that Tuesday was sprinkler day. We sent the kids to school with their bathing suits and they got to play in the sprinkler on the lawn of the school and each lunch. On Thursday, Sam’s class had a year end party and some of the Mom’s organized pizza and cupcakes. Dylan and Sam didn’t like the pizza but according to Blanca they enjoyed the cupcakes.

Yesterday was graduation for the kids in the four-year old class. I worked from home yesterday so I could attend the ceremony and take the kids to the pulmonologist in the afternoon. The ceremony at school was adorable. Each class performed, Sam’s class went first but unfortunately Sam was not in the mood to perform. When his class stood up to sing, Sam just reclined on the steps (he was in a bit of a mood). Dylan’s class was next and Dylan sang all the songs and did the all the hand movements.

We had to leave the celebration a bit early to go to our doctor’s appointment. Last week when my folks were here they took the boys to our pediatrician and we were told the boys were pre-asthmatic and should not go outside on Orange and Red days (basically half the summer in DC). Upon hearing the recommendation I knew I wanted a second opinion and some more advice so I scheduled an appointment with the pulmonologist who cared for Dylan when he came out of the hospital. We really like Dr. Rosenberg. He’s a realist who gives you real world recommendations. Anyway, because this post is getting too long I’ll just say we have a new medication regime and the boys are going to be tested for cat, dog and dust allergies (Mark will get to take them next week for the blood work). I’m pretty nervous about what this means for my kitties Norm and Spart.

OK so I’m going to bring this very long post to an end. Today the boys (all three of them) are getting haircuts. Dylan and Sam REALLY need them!

I’ll post again later and talk about my CC project which has taken some exciting new turns.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:46 AM, Blogger Kumie said…

    Tell Markleton to get his ass in gear so that Joe and I can start working on this website for the CC project. Also, make sure you get HIM on there. HIM...H+I+M.

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And here I thought I was the only one who did not sleep. It seems the appt went well with the boys :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home