Observations from the Powder Room

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

How Did I Get In Your Belly?

This morning a little before 6 the entire Durpenter clan (including the cat) was in our bed (yes, we were all in one bed). Dylan was still a sleep but Sam had been moving around trying to get the rest of us up for about 15 minutes. At this point Sam turns to me and asks, “Mama, how did I get in your belly?” I looked at Mark who was starting to wake up and said, “Mark…?” When it became apparent that I was on my own I responded to Sam by saying, “Your mommy and daddy made you and Dylan and then we put you in my belly to grow.” I was quite proud of my response, honest but at the appropriate level for a 4.5 year old. Sam put his hands behind his head to contemplate my answer and then shook his head and said, “Naw, I just think you ate something really, really good! That’s how I got in your belly.” He seemed much more satisfied with that answer and I’m OK with it too!!


I should mention that just last week Sam asked how they got out of my belly. He seemed to think that I had just opened my mouth really wide and kind of spit them out. When I told him the doctor had cut my belly to take them out he was a bit concerned. I explained that the doctor gave me medicine and it didn't hurt. That made him happier.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home